What’s the Best Way to Give a Dog CBD Oil?
1) There are several different ways to give CBD to your dog, but some will be more effective than others. Here are the three main ways that you can give CBD oil to your dog:
- A) The first method is by using a tincture. To use this method, you must place the remedy under your dog’s tongue or between their cheek and gum. You will then allow your pet to swallow naturally. On average, it takes about 10 minutes for the tincture to enter the bloodstream once swallowed, although most dogs will feel effects sooner (usually within 30 minutes). A single drop of most mixtures is equal to 0.07mg of CBD oil per pound of body weight (0.5mg of CBD per kg of body weight). So if your dog weighs 40lbs (18kgs), then one drop of CBD would equal 28.8mg of CBD. You can use the following formula to determine how much CBD oil you should give your pet:
Amount Of CBD Oil = (Dog’s Weight in Pounds x 0.07) / 30
For example, if your dog weighs 80 lbs, then they should receive approximately 6mg of full-spectrum hemp-based therapeutic grade CBD oil twice daily. For more accurate dosage recommendations, please visit our dosage guidelines page here.
- B) The second method is by using a honey stick infused with hemp-derived phytocannabinoids. This process involves feeding the honey stick to your pet. The honey sticks are very palatable for dogs and cats, so they will tend to take them without much fuss. It takes about 5 minutes for the honey stick to be absorbed through the mucus membranes of their mouth, so it may be best to distract your pet during this time (e.g., play with them, give them food or treats). After 5 minutes have passed, you may hold the honey stick in their cheek pouch until entirely dissolved. You should wait 30-60 minutes after administering the CBD honey before feeding your dog any food.
- C) Another method is by infusing the best cbd oil for dogs into your dog’s food. Using this method, you can mix a small amount of concentrated hemp oil into your dog’s food each day. The CBD oil will be continually absorbed into your pet’s body throughout the day, but it may take longer for your dog to feel the effects than with other methods (most likely up to 90 minutes).
2) You can purchase CBD tincture here, honey sticks here, and concentrated hemp oil here. When using these products, remember that they are designed to aid animals, so you should always start with a minimal dosage and consult your veterinarian before increasing the dosage.
3) There are several benefits of giving CBD oil to your dog. The first is that it alleviates pain within 30-60 minutes after administering. It does this by activating endocannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system and immune system. Secondly, it has been shown to help improve bone health because of its high collagen content. In addition, CBD is a potent natural anti-inflammatory, so it will also help reduce swelling and other symptoms associated with arthritis or cancer.